Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Redecorating!

I have been in redecorating nirvana for the past few weeks. Loving all things "Anthropologie", my husband and I put together a galvanized steel (plumbing pipe) bed similar to one seen in their store. I finished it off by sewing together a variety of doilies (yes, doilies!) and attaching them to the headboard. I love the geometric, yet feminine look it adds to a very masculine bed.


We love the new bed frame, but the deep red tone wall and navy bedding just doesn't work. Picky me couldn't find a duvet cover I liked, so I made one. I am basically self-taught with the sewing machine, so I am pretty proud of my first "quilt" attempt...and my pillows, two of which have piping and all have zippers so the covers can be removed.



I also used some of the fabric to make matching lamps. They are completely made from scratch. Galvanized plumbing pipe to make the stem, Ikea pendant lamp kit inserted through the pipe for the lighting, and I bought the DIY lampshades and attached this lovely Michael Miller - French Post fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment